Easy 15 Day Detox Diet Plan
I was talking about detoxifying in a recent article, but wouldn’t you be interested in a 15-day detox diet plan?
If your answer is YES, let’s dive in.
As you probably know, a big proportion of modern food includes refined and processed aliments.
If you noticed a few extra kilos, getting cold easily, intestinal disturbances, acne, eczema or if you simply feel your body too heavy, well, this is a good time to consider a detox.
The plan which I detail in the next paragraphs will help you lose weight in a balanced way and find your energy, vitality and optimism.
What Is A Detox Plan?
Before starting the detoxification
Try to reduce the consumption of meat, cheese, white flour, sweets, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine. Ideally, you should avoid these products for at least two days before starting the program for a better transition
During the detox program
Every morning, before the first juice, drink a glass of warm water in which you put the juice half a lemon, if you do not suffer from gastritis or ulcer.
Throughout the day, resists the temptation to eat small snacks and replace the urge with water and teas. Remind yourself your goals!
Are there any side effects?
Depending on your lifestyle and diet, you may experience various side effects during the treatment.
If you smoke, eat a lot of caffeine, sweets and have an unbalanced diet, you may experience fatigue, headaches, constipation or diarrhea.
What do I do after a detox program?
Once you’ve finished the program, no matter how much you want sweets and junk food and no matter how much as you like them, I recommend don’t jump immediately to the usual diet.
I know it’s hard, but the body needs time to reappear with digestion of solid foods. On the first day after the program, eat low-sugar and less processed foods, such as salads, steamed vegetables and fruits, so that you do not subject your liver and digestive system to too much effort.
Gradually, you can reintroduce more consistent foods, but why don’t you take the diet as the beginning of building the foundation for a healthy, well-balanced diet?
Results That You Can Get
Unprocessed, raw, raw foods provide a natural detoxification process, allowing the body to isolate toxins and eliminate them effectively so that they enjoy better health, purity and longevity. Periodically performing certain procedures for detoxifying the body can achieve various objectives such as:
– Balance of body weight;
– Alkaline body; as is known, an alkaline body mean a healthy and strong body;
– Fighting fluid retention and cellulite;
– Improving the health and appearance of the skin;
– Regulating the digestive system and fighting problems such as constipation, excessive acidity, etc.
– Increasing levels of energy and vitality;
– Reduction of inflammation, pain and other chronic disorders;
– Reduction of mucus accumulations;
– Better rest during the night and prevention of insomnia;
– Improving and balancing the emotional state, relieving anxiety, sadness, nervousness, irritability, weakness, etc.
It is important to point out that when you follow a detoxification plan, your body increases cleaning ability, which means that you may experience some inconvenience during your body’s detoxification process, such as headaches, eczema or irritation skin, tired fatigue, lack of appetite, sadness or unjustified apathy, etc.
All this shows that the body works to remove unwanted toxins and residues, and these symptoms will gradually disappear, and at the end of detoxification you will certainly feel much better than at first.
It is necessary to have a lot of patience and perseverance and to consume plenty of pure water and herbs from the meals to facilitate the elimination of toxins.
The secret of proper hydration is to drink water at room temperature, never to be cold and to consume it with small food bites in order for the cells to hydrate properly.
On the empty stomach, daily, two or three glasses of warm water with half a lemon juice will be drunk on the stomach. Warm lemon water is an excellent remedy for detoxifying the entire body, because it improves digestion, accelerates metabolism and purifies the liver.
To prepare lemon water, it is advisable to use pure water and the water should be warm but never hot. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon in water and drink this preparation in the morning when waking, always on the empty stomach.
After that, you will have to wait at least half an hour for breakfast.
As mentioned earlier, in addition to lemon water consumed in the morning, it is very important to consume at least two liters of water daily to help eliminate toxins in the body.
At breakfast, prepare a shake of the following ingredients:
– An apple or a pear
– ½ banana ripe
– A handful of young leaves of spinach
– A bunch of green leaves of celery
– A glass of vegetable milk of choice (oat, rice, almond, coconut, etc.) (200 ml)
– A handful of raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds
– One spoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g)
– One pinch of ginger powder
With a blender, all ingredients will be processed very well for a few minutes until a homogeneous drink is obtained. It is served immediately.
At noon you can choose three options, one in each group:
– Proteins: eggs, legumes, mushrooms, fish;
– Carbohydrates: entire grains (rice, quinoa, millet, pasta), entire bread or baked potatoes;
– Raw vegetables: salad, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, avocados, vegetable juice or gazpacho sauce.
For example, the avocado fruit once ingested quickly turns into energy and contains very little fructose. It is indeed real that one of the major benefits of avocado fruit is weight loss and its high fat content and very low sugar is a key factor contributing to this effect.
The famous gazpacho soup originates in Andalusia (southern Spain) and has become very popular due to its delicious mix of vegetables and flavors: tomatoes (main ingredient), cucumber, bell pepper, garlic and onion.
You can add to your meals with extra virgin olive oil, apple vinegar and a little salt or Himalayan salt.
All these ingredients have great health benefits: for example, extra virgin olive oil has a high content of healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that contribute to good functioning of the body and prevent many diseases
The pink salt of the Himalayas maintains an optimal level of water in the body, which is essential for the optimal functioning of metabolic processes and for efficient cell activity.
At the same time, Himalayan salt crystals are actively involved in digestion and facilitate a better absorption of nutrients in the body.
Dinner should be as simple and light as a vegetable cream soup and a portion of protein.
If you want a dessert, you can cook ripe apples or choose a few dried fruits (dates, plums, apricots, etc.).
Between the meals, a few fresh fruits, a slice of entire bread with fresh low-fat cheese, an avocado, or a glass of cocoa and honey-based vegetable milk can be used as snacks.
Fruits With Powerful Detoxifying Effects
– lemons, limes, pineapple and grapefruit: act as solvents and cleanse the liver and gallbladder;
– apples: have powerful purifying effects and help digestion;
– Blueberries: have diuretic effects, purify the kidneys, detoxify the urinary tract and eliminate many toxins and chemicals;
– red watermelon and melon: have strong diuretic effects, eliminates many water-soluble toxins, and fluids retained in the body due to a high-sodium diet.
Vegetables With Powerful Detoxifying Effects
– green leafy vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, celery, spinach, radishes, rucola, leek, onion and garlic, sprouts and aromatic plants such as parsley, basil, salvia, thyme and mint have healing, purifying and calming effects; are diuretics and rich in dietary fiber;
– cucumbers are 90% water, moisturize and eliminate excess water accumulated in tissues;
– sea algae are rich in B vitamins, are a source of key minerals for health, such as iodine and selenium; have a low glycemic index and stimulate intestinal transit.
The Six Steps To Follow In A Detox Diet
1. Warm water with lemon in the morning
Although, it is an old trick, to drink a glass of warm water with half lemon squeezed, on the empty stomach, wonders for the body and supports the process of natural detoxification.
During detoxification, it is recommended to do exercises for at least one hour a day. Choose to train exercises such as cardio, yoga, spinning, running, jogging, which will help you eliminate toxins in your body.
3. Eat raw!
Try to avoid cooking as much as possible. For your body to assimilate all the nutrients and enzymes that are lost in the cooking process, eat the raw fruits and vegetables.
A healthy mind in a healthy body!
Try meditating 15 minutes each day, and if you are not familiar with this practice, try abdominal breathing that will help you relax: position your hands on your abdomen and inhale deeply so you can notice an outward movement of your hands.
This breathing technique will allow for better oxygen circulation in the body.
5. Drink plenty of liquids!
Hydration is important, especially when you have a detox. Try to drink 3 liters of water each day to support the process of removing toxins from the kidneys.
6. Chew well!
If you chew 10, 12 times before you swallow it, not only will you improve your digestion and accelerate your metabolism, but at the same time the feeling of satiety will be easier to install and you will not feel the need to eat more than your body needs.
If you have a health problem, it is not recommended starting a detox, because you can diminish your immunity!
It is important that during detox plan for 15 days, and then if possible to avoid processed foods full of chemical additives and opt for entire foods, healthy and fresh.
Three simple ways which help your body to eliminate toxins:
1. Dropping sugar and replacing it with honey or sweet wood;
2. The consumption of bitter foods (dandelion, rucola, prickly pear and other herbs that stimulate the functions of the liver);
3. Detoxify the skin by exfoliating – at the shower rub your wet skin vigorously coffee grounds.
I hope you like the article, if so, give it a LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT and share it with whom you may think will benefit form it.