The Best Detox For Weight Loss
Nowadays, the detox became a fashion and many times it’s used to get some rapid results in our continuous fight with extra weight.
Let’s see together what is the best detox for weight loss.
When you think about detoxification you probably think that you have to follow a juice based diet or to fast or to adopt some procedures to clean your digestive system, right?
But, the detoxification is a natural process of elimination and neutralization of the toxins.
There are many studies which prove that even the best treatment is not giving the best results without a detoxification.
With detoxification you can cure intestinal transit problems, constipation, allergies, flatulence, tired liver, chronic fatigue. Also, you can lose 2 – 3 kilograms in weight and say goodbye to headaches.
We expose our bodies to toxins, pollution day by day. Pay attention when your energy level is low, when you have migraines, your nails are so fragile that they broke so easily, your hair is brittle. This is a sign that your body desperately needs a detoxification.
Fragile nails, brittle hair could also be signs of vitamins and minerals low levels.
The detoxification is a natural process done by the liver, but sometimes the liver can be overwhelmed by the toxins from our food and environment.
If the liver is not working at his full capacity, the body is weak and exposed to diseases.
The best solution to eliminate the toxins from your body is to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
With the full body detoxification will get internal and external results. Your skin will be much brighter and your skin will regain its elasticity and youthful appearance.
This is not a rapid process, it takes time and you will see the results in time.
What you have to do is to eliminate fried foods from your diet, white sugar and sweets, alcohol, coffee, carbonated beverages, canned food.
The detox and weight loss diets
The detox is a period when you put the metabolism to rest and give the possibility to consume the energy from other processes.
The detox is not a weight loss diet, it’s not a lifestyle and you cannot use it to solve some small issues.
The detox is recommended twice per year, in spring and autumn. And you will ask why? Easy, because at these times your metabolism changes.
You make a switch from the winter food which is rich in fats and full of flour to a light diet, summer foods. Same, but reverse for autumn detox.
But this process needs an accommodation period.
In autumn, you will eat more of the autumn fruits and vegetables. In this way your body has time to accommodate and prepare for the cold months aliments.
This detox should not exceed 7 days. You can adopt it for 3, 5 or 7 days.
You can adopt the weekly detox, if I can say. This means that you choose one day of the week and you will eat more salad which consists of greens, you will eat less and fell hungry than usual, but in this way you will help your body.
Detox with the help of raw food
In one the many books which I have and like, “The Art of Raw Living Food: Heal Yourself and the Planet with Eco-delicious Cuisine” by Doreen Virtue and Jenny Ross mentioned about the importance of detoxifying the body through the use of raw materials (and live food).
The authors point about the fact that live food ensure a natural detox and if you switch from a traditional diet (meat, sweets, sugar, fried food) to a diet based on raw food, it’s possible to experience the detox effects.
Let’s see together some foods with powerful detox effects mentioned by the authors.
Fruits with powerful detoxifying effects
– Lemons, green lemons (limes), pineapple and grapefruit: act as solvents and cleanse the liver and gall bladder.
In addition, pineapple contains the enzyme called bromelain, which aids healing and digestion of proteins;
– Apples: have strong purification effects and help with digestion;
– Blueberries: have diuretic effects, purify the kidneys, detoxify the urinary tract and eliminate many toxins and chemicals;
– Watermelon: it has diuretic effects. Eliminates many water-soluble toxins, but also fluids retained in the body because of a high-sodium diet
Vegetables with powerful detoxifying effects
– Vegetables with green leaves such as kale, spinach and parsley have healing, purifying, calming effects;
– Algae are rich in B vitamins.
Make your own tea using the powerful medical properties of following ingredients:
Turmeric contains curcumin, a polyphenol identified as a primary active ingredient, which has more than 150 characteristics with therapeutic potential, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties
Ginger is also a natural stimulant of the immune system and has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties
By combining ginger and turmeric is obtained with a duo which successfully combat the damage caused by free radicals, because of their rich in antioxidants. These two ingredients also combat premature aging and provides energy and improves range of motion.
Mint – helps reduce excessive appetite, which is a key factor when we want to lose weight. Consumption of mint tea between meals helps keep the anxiety under control that stimulates our emotional appetite and helps us avoid excessive consumption of calories.
All the ingredients used to make this tea are natural anti-inflammatory remedies that favor the diuretic effect and help to overcome the accumulation of excess fluid in the body. To prepare this antioxidant and anti-aging tea, the following ingredients are required:
– 1 small piece of grated ginger root
– 1 teaspoon of turmeric (5 g)
– 1 teaspoon of fresh mint (10 g)
– 1 cup of water (250 ml)
– Bring water to a boil over medium heat and wait to begin to boil.
– Take the water aside and add the ginger, turmeric and mint.
– Mix well until the turmeric dissolves completely.
– Allow the tea infusing for 5-7 minutes, then strain and serve.
– If you want, when the infusion gets cooler, you can add some natural honey.
Classic detoxifying tea
If you are looking for a detoxifying tea to consume instead of daily coffee, you can try this tea. The most important ingredient is green tea, which is well-known for its antioxidant, diuretic and cancer prevention properties.
– 1 cup of green tea (250 ml)
– 1 lemon slice (optional)
– 1 teaspoon of natural honey (7.5 g)
– Boil the water and when it touches the boil point, remove it and add the green tea.
– Cover and allow infusing for 2-3 minutes.
– Then add lemon and honey (only when the infusion is warm and not hot so that the food does not lose the therapeutic).
If you still want to get a tea with a more intense flavor and therefore bitter, but also with more healthy properties, you have to bring the water to the boiling point, pour over the leaves of green tea right away and leave it infused between 5 and 10 minutes.
It is recommended that you drink up to two green tea daily, but not later than 17:00.
What toxins are?
Toxins term is utilized on a large scale in relation with substances and environmental factors. But is the term properly used? The scientific definition of toxins is that they are “small molecules capable of causing diseases in contact or absorption by body tissues.”
How your body will react if toxins exist?
Here are some signs that your body contains toxins.
1. Constipation – if the residues are eliminated from your body every day than the toxins are absorbed in blood and it will affect your health
2. Bad breath – this could be an indication that liver and colon are not capable to eliminate the toxins anymore
3. Very sensitive with odors – if you have a strong reaction when smelling strong perfumes or odors, or smoke that’s probably because you body is overloaded with toxins
4. Extra weight – if you struggle to lose weight but the stubborn scale remains stuck on a certain value, that’s probably because you have a diet full of toxins.
Which are the toxins you shall avoid?
Read carefully the list of the ingredients when you buy a product.
Buy, if you can, organic food. Avoid the fruits and vegetables sold in supermarkets.
Avoid alcohol which has negative effects for liver and the liver will not have enough resources to work in the detoxifying process.
Beverages with caffeine have a dehydration effect of the body and the liver is expose to a supplementary work to process the caffeine. To avoid dehydration you should drink water, but why not eliminate these beverages.
Sweets, fried food, sugar overload the process of liver cleanse.
Even if you each healthy, you are still exposed to toxins and you cannot avoid many of them.
1. Exhaust gases from cars – living in a big city you are exposed to these toxins. Even if you go out for walk or stay in a car, the toxins are present.
2. Tap water – OK, I know, you drink filtered water, but when you shower or wash you hands, you still use tap water. Depends on the area where you live, the water can contain chlorine or other dangerous substances
3. Perfume – you know that the recipe of a perfume is secret. When you feel a strong perfume smell and experience headaches, this is the proof that the perfume contain toxins
4. Makeup products – they contain the most dangerous toxins
5. Plastic recipients – event if you use a BPA free recipient, it’s still not safe enough.
Having an alkaline body creates an environment less exposed to toxins. The toxins in excess in your body will increase the process causing premature aging.
Eat more fruits and vegetables, use condiments when preparing your food, make physical exercises at least 3 times per week.
Some aliments helping you are tomatoes, grapes, celery, asparagus, lemons.
Drink green juices, eat food that help the liver (lemon, garlic, beetroot, carrots), have enough rest – at least 7-8h each night, don’t stress, do physical exercise as often as possible.
If you think the article is useful, give it a LIKE, COMMENT or SHARE with whom you think could benefit from it.
Do you like to leave a comment? You can use the comments section and I’m happy to hear from you.