It’s usually recommended doing some kind of physical exercise three times per week if you want to lose weight or to tone your muscles. I will share with you some tips on how to burn fat without exercise when you don’t have time to visit your local gym.
1. If You Want To Burn Fat, Sleep More
Studies in the field have shown that if you sleep less than 5 hours per night for a more extended period, your metabolism slows down burns. The ideal number of sleep hours: you should sleep between 7 and 9 hours per night.
Sometimes I forget of myself, and I’m going to bed really late. I fool myself saying that I’ll recover during the weekend, but there is no such thing as ‘recovering’ the sleep.
2. Watch TV Less
Keep watching your favorite movies or shows, but just stop watching in front of the screen, switching from one channel to another. Again, studies have shown that adults who have halved their time spent in front of the TV burned around 120 calories a day more.
I combine watching my favorite movie or series with walking on a treadmill, so it’s a win-win situation.
3. Domestic Activities
Even if you do not like it and prefer to delegate it to another family member or housekeeper, vacuuming, dishwashing or dust removal are activities that help you burn calories and give you a sense of satisfaction.
4. Cook Your Own Food
It is certainly much easier to buy semi-prepared meals or directly from the restaurant, but besides reasons regarding health, think of all the calories you burn in the preparation of food.
5. Participate In Social Activities
The next time your office colleagues invite you to join an afterword gathering, accept! Bowling, karting or other fun games will make you burn about 200 calories per hour.
6. Buy A Pedometer
Set as your goal to walk 10,000 steps a day. That’s about 8 km, depending on your weight and age. And, depending on these variables, you can burn between 250 and 600 calories a day.
I use an excellent app called ‘StepsApp’ where I set my daily goals: 10.000 steps and 300 calories. The 10.000 steps are done in about 2 hours with 350 burned calories, and 6.5 walked km, but as I mentioned each person can reach the daily goals with different parameters.
7. Move Faster
Perhaps you have not noticed, but thin people tend to move faster, while overweight people perform the same tasks much slower. There’s no secret: move your body faster and burn more calories.
Apply this method when walking; a power walk will burn you more calories than a regular walk.
8. Walk And Talk on The Phone
If you can, do not sit down while talking on the phone. At home, you can walk from one room to another, at the office you can take a tour around the building. You burn 50% more calories when you stand than when you sit down.
Stress causes your body to secrete a hormone called cortisol. The hormone causes your body to store calories as fat. You have to be relaxed if you want to lose weight.
10. Laugh More Often
You can burn 50 extra calories if you laugh for 10-15 minutes a day. Watch your favorite sitcom, read a fun story or call a friend who always amuses you.
11. Eat In Front of The TV? NO
This unfortunate habit leads to an unhealthy consumption of calories. Even if you want to combine watching your favorite dinner show, for lack of time, you just do not just add extra calories.
12. Choose A Longer Route When Walking
When in office, choose the farthest toilet and, if you can choose the stairs instead of the elevator. On your way to the office, just get off the bus with an earlier station and continue to walk to the office.
13. Use The Technology Less
Stop calling and sending emails to colleagues working on the same floor with you. Get up from your desk, go to them and enjoy some direct interaction.
14. Chew Your Food Well
Chewing every bite of food at least 20 times, not only will you have better digestion but you will also burn some calories in this process.
15. Drink Green Tea Every Day
Besides caffeine, which, according to some studies, has been shown to accelerate the rate at which you burn calories, green tea contains polyphenols, chemical compounds of plants that accelerate metabolism.
16. Eat Spicy
Research has shown that spicy foods increase the metabolic rate, which means you will burn more calories. Add some chili to food or, if you like exotic flavors, try a little wasabi or curry.
If you dream to a slim figure and want to burn some fat without physical exercises you have some handy solutions:
– Set up some realistic goals – you cannot look like a supermodel overnight, right? Add every day healthy habits in your day by day. With time, you will follow them as a natural fact.
– Change your chaotic diet with a balanced diet – I know you heard many times and you are aware of this, but let me remind you that it gives results! This change works not only in losing weight, but it will improve your general health, increase optimism and mood.
This means that step by step you have to start introducing foods from all 5 food groups that underlie a healthy diet.
1. Fruits and vegetables – they create a feeling of satiety, are low in calories and fat. Not only are they incredibly beneficial to thin your waist, but they have plenty of minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants that you need for long-term health. Aim for half of your meals to contain at least one fruit or vegetable.
2. Pure proteins – foods such as chicken, pork, beef, vegetable eggs, and tofu are excellent sources of weak, pure protein. Proteins help you prevent natural appetite after eating because it creates a feeling of satiety. You should have about 100, 150 grams of pure protein at every meal.
3. 100% whole grains – foods rich in 100% whole grains are a very rich source of fiber, but also vitamins or minerals. For example, quinoa, oats, millet, brown rice, whole grain pasta or bread can do wonders if you include them in your diet.
4. Healthy snacks – a good snack should not exceed 200 calories. For example, you could consume a quarter cup of nuts, 250 ml of Greek yogurt, a hard-boiled egg or celery with peanut butter, which is a wonderful combination of fiber and protein.
5. Drink plenty of water! I cannot tell you in words how important it is to drink plenty of water and to give up carbonated drinks that do not bring any benefit to the body!
6. Keep a journal – Having a journal forces you to review your behavior concerning the foods you feed your body
Do you think that you can burn fat without exercise? Have you tried? What are your results? I would be delighted to know about your results, just a leave me a comment in the comments section below.
Till next time, stay healthy!