Weight Loss Products To Avoid
There are weight loss products which are safe and no harmful for your body as well as weight loss products to avoid. Today I will talk about the products to avoid.
There is no magic pill or remedy to help you get rid of extra weight, but the plant-based products can stimulate the weight loss. Plants act either by tricking the brain as if the stomach is full or by the thermogenic effect (accelerates metabolism and favors fat burning).
How do thermogenic products work?
Thermogenic supplements contain substances like caffeine that accelerate the body’s functions: heart rate, digestion, and breathing. Most often classified as stimulants, these supplements can also have an energizing effect, reducing tiredness.
Green tea, nettle, and dandelion have a thermogenic effect. These three plants are much safer compared to other weight loss products. There are also several plants that have a diuretic effect, greatly reducing water retention in the body. Uva Ursi and buchu leaves help you get rid of excess body fluids, but body weight returns to the initial one after you no longer consume teas from these leaves.
What Plants Should You Avoid?
1. Natural Laxatives: They are based on plants such as flax seeds, rhubarb, Aloe Vera, senna. These plants can cause cramps and diarrhea, and after prolonged use, the intestine will become somewhat “dependent” on laxatives for proper functioning.
2. Ephedra is also known as Ma Huang is a plant product derived from an evergreen plant. Modern ephedra supplements are currently banned because they increase blood pressure, accelerate heart rate and cause nervousness. The FDA has reported over 800 side effects of using ephedra supplements, including heart palpitations, chest pain, heart attack, and stroke.
3. Fen-phen weight loss products: the so-called fen-phen, a combination of fenfluramine and phentermine, has severe side effects, ranging from heart beating irregularities to death by heart attack. Ephedra plants are the main ingredient in this dangerous drug.
Ingredients to avoid
Ephedrine / Pseudoephedrine / Ma Huang
An ingredient often found in pills and thinning teas that can severely affect the nervous system, generating an increased blood pressure and heart rate and can cause a heart attack or even death.
It is also known as “Bitter Orange”, synephrine is a chemical substance (found in pills and thinning teas) that suppresses appetite but is extremely dangerous. Similar to ephedrine, it can cause increased heart rhythm, migraines, nausea, insomnia, fainting or even heart attack.
An active substance of weakening ingredients, sibutramine is a powerful stimulant that can significantly increase the risk of heart attack, arrhythmia or stroke, in addition to a long list of other side effects. It was forbidden to sell in 2012, but it has been discovered that many producers of slimming pills still use it!
It is an incentive already forbidden in the United States, which once in the body turns into amphetamine and can cause arrhythmia and even sudden death. It is also very likely to create addiction!
A strong chemical, used until 1999 – when the FDA banned it – in certain types of laxatives, was discovered in the composition of several types of weight loss pills. It is dangerous and should be avoided, being considered by the specialists as “insecure for health and ineffective”.
Beneficial Plants For Weight Loss
Cayenne hot pepper: From outer layer and Cayenne pepper seeds, after they are dried and ground, “Cayenne pepper” is prepared, a red powder very spicy. In moderate amounts, it can be useful in weight loss diets. Studies have shown that a teaspoon of Cayenne red pepper can help you burn 25% more calories.
Green tea it is a natural stimulant of metabolism and is also very rich in antioxidants. There are also capsules, but experts believe it’s easier to assimilate in liquid form.
Dried marine algae are an important source of minerals: chrome and iodine and very useful in the functioning of the thyroid gland. You can find them as capsules and tablets. If you suspect that your weight problems are caused by the thyroid gland or if you already have a thyroid gland treatment, it is advisable to consult a doctor before taking these supplements.
Products containing fiber-based extracts such as broccoli, spinach, blueberries, garlic, sprouts, tomatoes, and soybeans have been used by some companies to help with the weight loss process. Papaya and pineapple are sometimes also included as a result of digestive enzymes, although they have nothing to do with weight loss itself. The extracts from the foods listed above are used as a result of their fiber richness. Fibers are known for their role in weight loss, being considered carbohydrates that the human body cannot digest, eliminating them later. Fiber also has the role of feeding the intestinal flora – which helps the body in several ways (from weight control to balancing blood sugar, immune control, and proper brain function).
Tips On Consuming Herbal Remedies
1. If you feel sick, call your doctor or consult with a medical professional.
2. Do not consume herbs if you are pregnant or plan a pregnancy.
3. Do not eat herbs if you are breastfeeding.
4. Do not give herbs to a child.
5. Do not consume large amounts of plant preparations.
6. Do not eat herbs daily.
7. Buy only the preparations that have the list of plants displayed on the box.
8. Do not consume herbs if you are taking medication for a chronic illness (for example, high blood pressure or depression). For your mind peace, consult your doctor before consuming any herbal preparation.
9. Do not consume natural remedies before talking to the doctor.
10. Always tell your doctor when you use natural remedies or alternative medicines.
Keep in mind that herbal preparations will not make you lose weight permanently and that there are multiple ingredients in herbal remedies, some of which cause serious side effects and can lead to dangerous poisoning. The use of weight loss remedies is not recommended by the medical community because of the increased risk of toxicity and lack of clinical effectiveness.
There are safe plants to consume and plants which can harm your body. Use only beneficial plants/ingredients cayenne pepper, green tea, dandelion tea, fiber-extract products. I gave you a list with ingredients to avoid Ephedrine / Pseudoephedrine / Ma Huang, Synephrine, Sibutramine, Fenproporex, Phenolphthalein.
What I recommend you and it’s working for me is a balanced diet (plant-based diet in my case, don’t feel forced to follow it, find what suits you best), regular exercise and meditation. Try to remove stress and tension from your life. I know we all have hard moments in life, but the important thing is to find a well-being balance in your life.
Till next time, stay healthy!